Monday, December 2, 2013

My First Cake!!

Have y'all ever heard of Craftsy? It is this wonderful site that offers online craft courses for pretty much anything you can think of. Recently I decided that I wanted to make my daughter's 3rd birthday cake for her DocMcStuffins party...and guess what...Craftsy had a "how to" video for fondant! They basically are like online classes, but for crafting. Now...I am by no means a pro...lol...this is my first cake EVER to make. But, it actually turned out pretty well for watching a video! The instructor of this particular course is Jessica Harris and she did an amazing job on showing how to make fondant, ganache, do a crumb coating, and much more. Right now all the classes are $19.99 or less. If you have something you need to learn to make quickly - here is the place to do it.

Like I said, I'm no pro...but this was my first time ever to work with Fondant and Modeling Chocolate. SO - if you are looking to broaden your hobby list...this is the place to go. Notice how smooth the fondant was!! I'm very proud of myself. =)


Obviously the cake went over well. This was homemade butter cream icing! All of the Recipes are listed under your "Materials" section for your course. 





Craftsy


No comments:

Post a Comment