Monday, November 25, 2013

Candy Cane Candle

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT LIGHT THIS CANDLE! I am not responsible for what goes on at your home. I cannot tell you enough that this is only for display and is not meant to be lit. 

Okay..with my little disclaimer out of the way...here is the candy cane candle. I decided to make this when I didn't have anything to match my Christmas decor on my mantle. This is one of the easiest projects I have ever made. 





Take a completely white candle, or buy one of the ones that have the LED lights in them. I would have gotten one of those, but this is what I had laying around my house. 


You do not have to use the silhouette cameo for this one, or transfer tape for that matter. All you need to do is cut strips of the adhesive vinyl. After you cut the strips, place them on the candle and cut off the overhang. 


Take the strips anyway that you see fit. I made some bigger and then placed the smaller ones in between.


My mantle doesn't normally have an elf on it, but this is where he was this morning and we aren't supposed to touch them - I have many little people eyes watching to make sure that nobody touches him. I left my other candle white so you could see the difference. 




No comments:

Post a Comment