Thursday, October 17, 2013

An apple a day keeps the...witch doctor away?

This project was not easy...I repeat NOT EASY. I do not recommend this. I used burlap canvas that I painted for this project and it was super difficult to get the vinyl on there.
First I took a roller brush and painted the sign (from Hobby Lobby) pumpkin patch orange by Glidden. It was a great color and turned out wonderful. Those are shoes on the floor in the background...they play no role in my project. 

These were the 2 designs I came up with on silhouette studio. The Doctor's office picked which one they wanted. The word "Witch" and the flying witch were both purchased off of Silhouette online store (with my nifty little $10 gift card they gave me). The fonts are from Dafont. If you don't know how to get fonts off of other places, let me know and I will do a brief tutorial.




I get my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl. It is great quality and you can get big gigantic rolls that are 10 yds. Okay...so once again I goofed during the transfer step and I accidentally ripped off the D in Doctor. So, I had to improvise. I cut the transfer paper and made a black space where the D would be and went ahead and applied the vinyl and LATER cut out the D and just put it on there. I also thought that the sign needed a little more something and added this great spider web to the top.

I then set it up all nice and cute looking so I could use it to share with all of you. 

Happy Bewitching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment