Sunday, November 10, 2013

Comfort and Joy Update

I'm not quite finished with my pillow yet because I haven't gone to get a pillow insert....I will do that tomorrow...maybe. =) Here is what I have so far. It looks good, the words are a little thin and in some areas the paint didn't get on the burlap very good - but that makes for a cute homemade pillow. These suckers are excellent gifts! If you have a sewing machine and can sew in a semi straight line...you can do it. These don't take long at all, so everyone has time to do it. Plus, you don't need a pattern. Just figure out the size of the pillow insert you are going to use, or use regular filling, and take a ruler and measure out your fabric and then cut it out. If you missed my tutorial on how to paint onto a pillow, you can find that here.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am making an altered Christmas stocking for a craft swap. I would love to create that on the top of the stocking, in cloth or vinyl. Can you tell me what font you used for this project? Thanks in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas stockings and would love for you to share your finished product with us! The font is called Magnolia Light and you can download it for free from Dafont.

    ReplyDelete