Sunday, November 10, 2013

Moss Tree

Moss trees are pretty...that's it. They look good because they look like miniature real trees - and so I love them. These trees can be used at any time of the year, so it makes them even that more wonderful. They are also inexpensive and super easy to make. When trying to gather ideas for my projects I tend to look around in catalogs or online and it is so funny to me to see things for $50+ that you can make yourself. An example would be of the styrofoam multi-colored ball tree from pottery barn. It is really a cute idea, but I'm not paying that much for a bunch of styrofoam balls glued onto a styrofoam tree cone. 


Get a bag of sheet moss from Hobby Lobby, or whichever craft store you prefer and glue the sheets on with spray adhesive. After that's done, you are either finished with your project or you can add little paper flowers like I did here. I used my silhouette cameo, surprise surprise, to cut out the paper flowers and then I doctored them a little by adding glitter. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but you can add as many or as little as you like. Next you can take a short branch and push it in to the base of the tree and set it up in a pot, or you can just leave it how it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment