Sunday, November 3, 2013

Twine Tree

I love Christmas. I love it so much that I want to enjoy it more than just from the day after Thanksgiving to the day after New Year's. So, needless to say...I have already started decorating. I found these cute little trees at Hobby Lobby for like $3.


The roll of twine was laying right next to them and was calling my name - so I got it!


I took spray adhesive and sprayed as I went, if you spray too much too soon then it gets gummy. Then I just started wrapping directly from the roll. That's my little lovey doing a project - it's a paper tree that I will post later. 


 


You can see that once I got to the top I just started back down the tree uniformly. I did this because not only does it look neat, but you can spray the twine underneath the bottom of the tree to hide it. Another variation would be to add bells or any other little decorations to your tree. You would probably want to go with smaller bells, but this is what I had so I used it to show you. However, I like the look of the twine so I just went with the plain version. The ribbon that you see to the side is for another project with the larger tree. 





No comments:

Post a Comment